Monday, March 5, 2012

Taste the RAINBOW!

We are getting ready for St. Patrick's Day and I have been experimenting with how to make the rainbow cupcakes.  (I posted the recipe that I found below).  It was a TON of fun to make the batter~

This is the batter before I added anything!


One DROP at a time!!

Making the colors! (this is going to be purple!)
Now we have green and yellow...


Finally all six colors are ready!

Well, there is an art to getting the color into the cups.  Mom was better than I was at that.  It doesn't taste as good as regular and the cakes did not puff up like normal.  They were flatter, like a pancake on top.  Wonder if the coloring added an extra element that didn't make it rise as well.  They are fun cakes to make, but they will be like a tie dye shirt, no two the same!

Next, we will experiment with piping grass on top for the rainbow and the rolo candy.  That is another night (not a school night!!) We just quick white piping on top for now!  I bought some duncan heinz bubble gum frosting I will use and some left over white I made from the weekend.  They won't last long in this house!! Plus, mom will take some experimental ones to work for fun tomorrow!

XOXO Mya

No comments: