Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Birthday PARTY!

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth --Psalm 119:103

Today is my birthday party!  I am excited because I will be 9 years old this week! 

Had to think about the birthday party I wanted to have.  I have had lots of different birthday parties.  This year I wanted to do a “Cake BOSSETTE” birthday.  Mom really surprised me with the decorations.  She kept with our color theme and bought a lot of things for the table in lime green, royal blue, and aqua blue (teal).  I set the table and really had fun with all the accessories.



We have royal blue plastic silverware, plates in lime green and teal blue.  We have my blue candle centerpiece and a new blue and lime green salad bowl.  We have a lime green table cloth.  Mom decided to get plastic so we may do our nails right on the table.  (One of the girls that I invited, Lizzy, is a nail technician.  She isn’t certified but she is GOOD!) I have green balloons to decorate the mailbox (to find our house) and then she got me matching frosting colors so we can match the cake to the theme.



We made the cakes (12 of them) early in the week.  I made 6 small topper cakes and 6 large bottom cakes.  I had some trouble with the 8” bottom cake because it wouldn’t cook in the 25-30 minutes.  It took twice as long.  I had to cook it 25 minutes and then add ten and then add ten.  It took a total of 45 minutes to cook.  Mom said it took longer because it was a deeper pan.  She bought me three new 8” and three new 4” cake pans (they were on sale at Ben Franklin 25% off! This week)

We froze those cakes to wait for Saturday (my party).  Buddy Valastro said in his TV show that cakes should be frozen not put into the frig because they lose moisture in the frig and the freezer “locks in” the moisture. We froze the cakes and took them out Saturday morning.

Saturday Morning / Party Day:

7:00 AM beginning the dirty-ice buttercream for the cakes.  We made three batches of the buttercream frosting and dirty-iced the cakes (two tiers). This took a long time and we use a lot of ingredients.  Mom had already bought them all at the store.

10:30 I ran out of vanilla extract! I have two batches of decorator buttercream (with Crisco, vegetable oil) left to go!  Good thing Dad can run to the store.  He gets imitation vanilla (I am not impressed) but we will use it in the decorator frosting and it will be o.k. Dad doesn’t know we use the good stuff when it comes to vanilla extract.  It might be my secret ingredient… The kind I use is a secret and makes my cake awesome… It is like a secret weapon or something!

11:30 all cakes are waiting guests and all frosting is waiting to be piped.  Time to make the lunch we are having turkey or ham and cheese sandwiches and salad.  I can’t wait for them to arrive.  Lizzy comes early to help me set up my nail polish.  Her gift is cool to look at, wonder what is inside!  We can play from 12:00-1:30.

1:15 the dogs are in the garage, my brother is on the mower in the yard and the other is playing video games.  I am ready.

1:17 I am going to wait outside.

1:21 the first girl arrives! I am out front and she arrives out back but I am so excited!!

1:27 the SECOND girl is here! I show her to where we are putting the presents and she likes the table decorations.

WHO HAS A BROWN VAN? Someone else has arrived… 1:29 She even brought her apron!! Around the circle drop the present off and see the table… Back outside more are coming!  WE ARE FIVE THERE ARE GOING TO BE SIX… Now, we check the pool.  Can’t swim yet but it is open and waiting.  It is still cold this time of year.  Dad is shocking the pool. 

Someone else, are they here?? It is 1:34, we are ready to decorate.  I have to show them how to use the pastry bags and choose my tips.  We have two bags of green, two of teal and two of royal blue.  I show everyone how to work the bags and what each tip does on my cake then they all work.  It is so quiet, a birthday party full of girls concentrating! We decorate for about 40 minutes.  Time for the photo shoot, each girl and her cake!




Next it is time to eat at 2:30, back to the table and we eat salad, sandwiches and sprite! What fun we are having (and I am the REAL cakebossette!!)

Can you believe my Mom forgot ICE CREAM? She was so worried about the cake(s) she didn't remember to get us ice cream!  WE LAUGHED it was funny when she realized she had forgotten the ice cream!

Presents were cool I got so many neat things I can play with… Now it is time for the nail polish game.  Do you want French Tips with white or Sparkle?  Then I will spin the polish and whoever it lands on you have to paint a nail that color.  Ready-? Now we have 30 minutes left…. Outside to play!





Dear Readers, (if you’re out there) you can find a link to follow me on twitter and pinterest too on the Left Hand Side. You can even sign up to receive email alerts when I post a new blog...
What other activities would be fun for a kid birthday party? (you can add a comment below) and please tell me if you liked any of my ideas (comment below).  Hope to see you again soon!


XOXO

Mya

4 comments:

Mya said...

Here is where you leave a comment!

Anonymous said...

WOW...great party! b

Anonymous said...

Everything is so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Everything is so pretty! :)