Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sleepover CUPCAKES!!

Today is Saturday and my friend, JoJo and I decided to bake a batch of cupcakes.  It was fun because we split the recipe in half.  JoJo added 1/2 the flour and I added the other half.  She added half the sugar and half the oil.  I added my half.  Then, once the ingredients were in the batter she mixed the cake while I added the eggs (one at a time) and then I mixed while she added the milk (1/2 cup at at time). 


Finally, we used the batter tool to fill the cupcakes.  JoJo never used one of these and she liked it a lot.


The best part of the process was piping the buttercream!  JoJo had never used a piping bag before!
We decided to leave the frosting white and to add chocolate hearts.  JoJo got to see the doubleboiler for the first time too!! The hardest part was finding room in the freezer!!
I like piping the buttercream on the cupcakes!  It is very fun and I am getting better (mom says) every time we make the cupcakes!


The last step will be adding the chocolate hearts we made! We got PINK to make pink chocolate hearts for our decorations!! It was a lot of fun and we think a GREAT idea for a sleepover activity... Don't make US cupcakes (are you listening moms??) Let US make OUR OWN cupcakes... JoJo's mom said, "it is the memories they will have from these activities that will last!"  Just think, if you made us cupcakes we would enjoy eating them, if you let US make our own we will remember making them with YOU!



 
XOXO MYA


No comments: